Advanced search

Teach abroad

(3 Posts)
ElizabethJeanMcBricker Fri 01-Dec-17 22:35:10

Thanks for your help! smile

Maybe I should look more into TEFL as I'm not sure about committing to 2 years just yet!

I wonder if I'd need a TEFL qualification if I'm already a qualified teacher?

OP’s posts: |
MightyOWL Fri 01-Dec-17 07:57:33

I teach abroad and am a parent governor for another International School.

Getting a term or two teaching TEFL would be quite easy.

If you want a proper contract teaching at a British International school, most of these will be at least a two year contract (esp if in the Middle East or Asia where British schools are so prolific)
Working in the ME or Asia - you need a fixed term contract to apply for a working visa. This obviously doesn't apply in Europe (at the moment!) so you might be better looking for a Mat Leave Cover in Europe?

ElizabethJeanMcBricker Thu 30-Nov-17 07:12:51

Hiya smile

I was wondering if anyone knows of any way to teach abroad, without committing for a whole year?

I'm keen to have a term or two teaching (preferably in a British primary school rather than TEFL), but have only come across year long contracts.


OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in