Talk

Advanced search

Bless you Russell Howard

(13 Posts)
Piggywaspushed Sun 05-Nov-17 16:40:35

It's lovely when someone has your back :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzmILFh1p3M

I wish more people in the public eye would stand up (scuse pun) for us like him!

smile

ladygracie Sun 05-Nov-17 16:50:16

Very lovely. Love the clip from educating yorkshire(?). Makes me cry every time.

Piggywaspushed Sun 05-Nov-17 16:52:24

Me too. I wanted to be annoyed by the classic posturing male teacher Mr Popular trope but then I couldn't help myself.

ladygracie Sun 05-Nov-17 16:53:15

I know. It’s all the kids in tears that get me too.

Piggywaspushed Sun 05-Nov-17 16:55:02

Bless them. So sweet.

Musharraf was on the One Show or something a while back. He has done really well for himself .

junebirthdaygirl Sun 05-Nov-17 17:01:21

Thats amazing. He puts it so well. Have to be played at all teacher conferences to show someone understands.

OneOfTheGrundys Sun 05-Nov-17 17:06:08

Me too Piggy .
That clip leaves me in a puddle of tears every time!
Big thanks to RH-it all feels thankless sometimes.

Wolfiefan Sun 05-Nov-17 17:07:31

Bloody love Russell Howard.
And his mum is awesome too!
That is all!

Piggywaspushed Sun 05-Nov-17 17:10:53

I have forwarded it to my colleagues at work. I expect I'll be told off for the bad language but hey ho! If it makes people feel loved smile

Who is Russell's mum wolfie ?

leccybill Sun 05-Nov-17 22:50:11

Can't remember the last time I saw something positive about teaching in the media, so thank you Russell.
Now just to convince the Daily Mail readers... There's an article on there today about someone quitting teaching after a term and the comments are shocking.

Wolfiefan Sun 05-Nov-17 22:51:50

@Piggywaspushed
There was a series not too long ago where he and his mum went round America. If it's possible she was even funnier than him. grin

Graphista Sun 05-Nov-17 23:33:01

Love love love Russell Howard but - kinda ironic this was on sky!

Teachers are getting a shitty time at the moment, and most are doing their damndest to help our kids.

Piggywaspushed Mon 06-Nov-17 07:04:06

Oh I see wolfie

I think RH was one of the celebrities who went to a school to try teaching in a programme a while back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now