Talk

Advanced search

Part time and 'responsibility'

(6 Posts)
WoodenRainbow Thu 02-Nov-17 16:59:45

Been offered a part time role but with overall responsibility. So working 0.6 hours, other 0.4 is covered by a cover supervisor/HLTA.

Anyone else in the same position? Wondering if I should decline and look for a job share (share the class with another teacher).

HangryHanderson Thu 02-Nov-17 17:03:07

So a teaching job but you're expected to set the work on the days you're not there, do all the reports and parents evenings. No thanks.

HangryHanderson Thu 02-Nov-17 17:05:04

^ I assume that's what the expectation is.
I wouldn't like job share either but if the other person is as good/qualified, then at least you can split the workload fairly.

Appuskidu Thu 02-Nov-17 17:05:57

I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole! 100% responsibility but 60% pay!!

HangryHanderson Thu 02-Nov-17 17:08:13

What you describe would only work for someone who is a control freak like me who wants control of what's happening but only wants to do 3 days: the problem being by the time you end up setting it all and marking it all, you won't see your two days off, are working full time with half pay and will resent the other adult.

hollytom Thu 02-Nov-17 18:07:17

As the others have said I would get it in writing what the expectations are. Be very cautious

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: