Talk

Advanced search

Going back to work after mat leave, what do I need to know?

(1 Post)
sailorcherries Thu 02-Nov-17 09:08:32

I've been on mat leave since April and due to go back in January (which isn'tas far away as I'd thought). Before mat leave I had only completed my probation year and then August-April of my first year qualified.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

I've tidied out and sorted my boxes of 'stuff'. Wall displays, folders, books and all the othet paraphernalia (puppets anyone!?).
I'm now thinking ahead, what do I need to prepare for the first day back?

I'm hoping to go in one afternoon, see the class and meet the current teacher. I know I nees a copy of the forward plan, groups, register, what has been completed in maths/handwriting/grammar/phonics/spelling/taught writing and any reading books completed. I also need to get new books to ensure I can plan for the first week.
Is there any other need to know info? Normally I'd start on the first day of term which is a Thursday, allowing for a few days to get to know the class and giving time to plan before the first full week. This time I'm starting on a Monday and it feels very sink or swim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now