Talk

Advanced search

The ISI call

(8 Posts)
mushmallow Mon 30-Oct-17 11:18:45

sad

BareBum Tue 31-Oct-17 19:43:22

Expecting one soon at my school. What do you need to do? I’m planning for them to take me as they find me.

Fffion Wed 01-Nov-17 20:39:32

Are you SMT? If not then don't worry about it.

Inspection week for a relatively junior teacher can be great. Your lessons are all planned in detail. You have good quality resources, including extras for student who have not come equipped. Your classroom is tidy and you have double checked all your ICT.

ISI observed lessons are great.

missjoanie Fri 03-Nov-17 16:01:50

Is it a compliance inspection or the full one? We had the compliance one a couple of weeks ago and only two lessons were observed. We barely knew the inspectors were in, apart from SMT flapping!

TheIrregularChoice Sun 05-Nov-17 09:05:56

We’re an independent school, but we’re under Ofsted. I don’t know why. I wish we were under ISI. Our last Ofsted was over six years ago, so they’ll be phoning any day now...

Fffion Sun 05-Nov-17 14:13:54

You may be under Ofsted if you are not a member of an organisation such as GSA or HMC.

BobbinThreadbare123 Sun 05-Nov-17 18:57:40

ISI are fine. Ofsted are pieces of shit but ISI are really ok. Have experienced both.

LockedOutOfMN Sun 12-Nov-17 15:21:36

ISI is fine but your SMT will be faffing and flapping if they're anything like ours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now