Talk

Advanced search

Side stepping away from teaching?!

(5 Posts)
Appuskidu Sun 29-Oct-17 13:20:50

Are there any jobs that teachers could move into with only a year or so of training rather than starting again from scratch?!

I am interested in speech therapy or Occupational therapy but would presumably need to do another 3 year undergraduate degree for either of those?

I've got a degree (in a curriculum subject), a PGCE, the nasenco qualification and twenty years of teaching experience mainly in KS1/EYFS but hve just about had enough now-I don't want to teach for the next 25 years sad.

Is there any other direction I can go in?!

Uokbing Sun 29-Oct-17 16:36:36

Following with interest.

mumoffour1716154 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:42:12

Unsure if still available but you could retrain as social worker, 12-18 months training. Also check what is available in local community college, where top up courses are run usually lasting from a few weeks to a year

longdays Sun 29-Oct-17 20:14:38

I work in the NHS as a research nurse and we often have research practitioners who come in and work on studies. What is your degree in? Pay is usually band 6 approx £26k with increments.

longdays Sun 29-Oct-17 20:19:57

Sorry I should have mentioned that the practitioners usually have a science or maths degree. Often our sponsors who coordinate the studies nationally have completely unrelated degrees and then coordinate the studies through a university.

Hope it helps someone as it's horrible if you really don't like your current job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now