Talk

Advanced search

RQT CPD

(5 Posts)
ContraryFairy Tue 24-Oct-17 20:34:23

Hello,

I'm an RQT and need a personal target/CPD focus for my (first) appraisal.

I work in a very EAL primary.

Any suggestions? I'm all out of ideas!

Hope you're enjoying half term!!

Lowdoorinthewal1 Wed 25-Oct-17 09:27:38

Just pull something off the school development plan (that you would be doing anyway) and use that. Likely school will be organising INSET around the SDP priorities anyway.

physicskate Wed 25-Oct-17 12:08:59

Or put something you’ve already worked towards (or are continuing with) that is easily measurable... that’s how I flew through my nqt!!! Would something like create a vocab board for eal work or does it need to be bigger?

toomuchicecream Wed 25-Oct-17 18:16:14

Agree about picking something related to the SDP. Or your subject leadership role? Or have a look for what courses are available, pick one you like the look of and then come up with a target that requires you to go on the course.

Or something about improving your maths pedagogical knowledge - I never cease to be amazed by how little of this is covered on ITT. Perhaps related to concrete/pictorial/abstract representations as that's very current at the moment so you'll find loads on line if you want to do some of your own research, plus there are quite a few free courses around put on by the Maths Hubs.

ContraryFairy Wed 25-Oct-17 22:53:19

Food for thought. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now