Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone teach Year 9 or 10 and interested in a class pen letter project with South America?

(4 Posts)
DOENTE Sat 07-Oct-17 14:21:53

I teach English as a foreign language in Brazil and I gave my year 9 class a project to write letters to as group of students in the USA. I was going to send them to a former colleague in the USA but now she said she thinks that as her class are all special needs they couldn't handle the project. Now my students are really disappointed. I don't really know what learning goals a teacher could get out of writing to students in Brazil but if anyone is interested and thinks they might have some students that are likely to write back it would make them really happy. For them English is just something they have to learn and I wanted them to see that there are teens in other places, just like them. I have 13 students as it is a small rural school, 7 girls and 6 boys aged 14 and 15. We could use the school addresses. if the boys don't get replies it wouldn't bother them so much as most them only wrote 3 or 4 lines, but the girls put a lot more effort into their letters. If anyone is interested it would make them really happy.

NotQuiteThere Sat 07-Oct-17 18:31:24

Could you pm with more details please?

blankpieceofpaper Sat 07-Oct-17 21:46:39

I might be interested if you would like to PM me.

HolidayHelpPlease Sat 14-Oct-17 23:20:37

Are you still look for someone? I teach in London and have a class that could be interested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now