Talk

Advanced search

Spelling nightmares

(4 Posts)
spellingstress Fri 06-Oct-17 07:56:28

I’m a teacher myself, but have been working on supply for the past few years. I don’t do any planning, so am quite behind on that side of things.
Can anyone tell me the type of spellings that are sent home from your school for y2??
Do they have to have phonic spellings (eg, silent g, so gnat, gnarled, gnawed, sign, design)?
I’m finding spellings a nightmare and I know my dc probably won’t use or remember these words after the spelling test 😖

lorisparkle Fri 06-Oct-17 08:12:12

In year 2 my ds’s School used the lists on twinkl. We use the squeebles app to help them learn them. Ds1 has dyslexia and I used spelling zappers on twinkl to help him learn them.

outofmymind26 Fri 06-Oct-17 08:36:33

Not a teacher but have a child in yr2. We get 3 columns. The first are easy words they are meant to know such as when, was, there etc. Second column are spelling patterns they are working on in class at the time, like couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't , true, argue etc & column 3 are words relating to topics they have researched that week for example resourcefulness, resilience, cooperation, reflectiveness, astronaut & photosynthesis etc.

spellingstress Fri 06-Oct-17 10:38:31

Thank you for the app ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now