Talk

Advanced search

So unhappy

(7 Posts)
SheStoodInTheStorm Sat 30-Sep-17 08:10:43

Without going into too many details (I would be recognisable) I am feeling incredibly stuck at work.

I need to give up some responsibility I hold; it's impacting on my physical and mental health. Spoke to head, he was fab. Had some options.

Things have now changed and my options are pretty much is to keep the responsibility or give it up and my year partner would likely take it on. In the past things have been very difficult between us and I'm not sure I could cope with them being my leader.

Apologies for the vagueness. I'm not even sure why I'm posting. There are no suitable jobs near me at the moment and I am feeling a little pushed out (I know it's not helped by me).

OP’s posts: |
noblegiraffe Sat 30-Sep-17 08:22:11

Give up the responsibility. It's impacting your health.

If your year partner takes it up and becomes an arse, then your head should deal with that. In the meantime keep an eye on the job situation in your area in case something comes up.

The responsibility is an issue now. Your year partner may become an issue in the future and it may be possible to solve that when it happens. But if you give up the responsibility you've given yourself a bit of space to see how things pan out.
You could also change year partners next year if you can't find a job.

MaybeDoctor Sat 30-Sep-17 08:33:16

I think that's the crux - if you don't want to have responsibility, then someone you might not like will take it on.

I've been on both sides of the coin at times: not having a huge amount of respect for some of my leaders and also experiencing the resentment of someone who wanted the role, but didn't apply.

I think, let it go and see what happens.

SheStoodInTheStorm Sat 30-Sep-17 14:48:01

Thanks for your replies. I should add I have a lot of anxiety as a result of Summer term and things that happened between us.

I am worried about her then being responsible for my performance management and observations etc.

I also don't particularly want to teach in the year group I'm in.

I need to win the lottery. There is no good option.

Fffion Sat 30-Sep-17 14:52:02

If you were allowed to design a fix, what would it be?

I am interpreting that you have the mental capabilities to ace the job, but not the physical. Passing over to your colleague is giving away what you are good at, but you'd still be left with the physical work to do. It doesn't solve your problem.

MaybeDoctor Sat 30-Sep-17 14:54:46

Can you ask for someone else to do your performance mgt?

Not unreasonable in the circumstances.

SheStoodInTheStorm Sun 01-Oct-17 21:38:12

Yes @Fffion that's a fair appraisal I think.

@MaybeDoctor yes I'm sure I could and I think that would be ok.

I'm going to have to keep on doing what I'm doing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in