Talk

Advanced search

Threshold

(5 Posts)
TiredOfUsingTechnology Sun 24-Sep-17 20:48:48

I've been having a nightmare applying to go through threshold - reviewer not having a clue, sending me paperwork on the deadline day despite me requesting it weeks ago....

Anyway, I'm struggling a bit with the evidence, especially for this one
"Have sufficient depth of knowledge and experience to be able to give
advice on the development and well-being of children and young people."
how do you evidence that?

It's ridiculous - they should know what staff do/don't do without them having to waste time filling in documents
TIA

OP’s posts: |
LemonRedwood Sun 24-Sep-17 21:01:16

Isn't crossing threshold these days done on your last two performance appraisals? (It's been a while since I went through threshold so it may have changed again, sorry!). I thought the idea was to get rid of the need for folders and folders of evidence and if the answer to the request is no, it's up to the reviewer to explain why.

I'll see if I can find a link... maybe somewhere in the STPCD...

LemonRedwood Sun 24-Sep-17 21:05:11

Have found this from the NUT.

www.teachers.org.uk/files/school-teachers-pay-threshold-assessment_0.doc

I remember that I wrote a letter, citing things I did as part of my role in the school and included copies of my last 2 performance reviews and that was sufficient.

If your school is demanding piles of "evidence" perhaps show them this and challenge them on it. They may be trying to get out of giving people fair pay rises.

LemonRedwood Sun 24-Sep-17 21:13:10

I'd include a paragraph in application letter stating that you regularly help and advise colleagues on ensuring children feel safe and secure in their classroom environments, enable children to push themselves in their learning, take healthy risks, you model good practice to colleagues etc, lesson observations have shown that you do this well... etc etc (assuming this is vaguely true!)

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636389/School_teachers__pay_and_conditions_document_2017.pdf#page21

Page 21 of current STPCD say application process should be set out in your school's pay policy - check that first. If it says it's based on performance appraisal, challenge your reveiwers demand for "evidence". If the pay policy demands lots of physical evidence, challenge the policy!

TiredOfUsingTechnology Sun 24-Sep-17 21:21:54

Thanks. I don't have to produce a portfolio or folder, I just have to identify on a document where I've met the standards. It doesn't help that my last 2 appraisals haven't been completed properly by my reviewer so the evidence isn't there through no fault of my own confused

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in