Talk

Advanced search

Re-marks (English in particular)

(5 Posts)
YogiYoni Sat 16-Sep-17 19:12:18

Has anyone got any re-marks (sorry, 'reviews of marking') back this year? All three we've had back so far have gone up. All three by over 5 marks. Is there a point at which it's possible to say "erm, I think there's a problem with your marker. Can you just put them all up by five marks please?" (Like they would have done with moderation in the past, only usually in the opposite direction!)

OP’s posts: |
realwoodlogs Sun 17-Sep-17 10:27:55

It is unlikely they are all marked by the same marker though. Don't think they are allocated per centre anymore as it's all online.
There is massive problems with marking, not least as there were too few markers for the huge numbers of scripts.

And examiners are paid stupidly little per paper. Which is to be expected, but what really grates is that English examiners are paid around £4.50 per paper, then schools are charged £36.50 to review each paper.

YogiYoni Sun 17-Sep-17 20:01:12

Ah. So even first time round it wouldn't have been the same marker marking all our papers?

Gosh yes, I hadn't noticed the huge discrepancy in payment. Ridiculous.

OP’s posts: |
FartnissEverbeans Mon 25-Sep-17 17:06:51

We had one paper go up by over 30 ums.

Sayhellotothelittlefella Mon 25-Sep-17 17:13:52

I decided not to have Dd's language re-marked as the teacher was 'very sceptical' when I said I'd heard a lot of grades were going up ( she got 2 grades lower than predicted) The school did ask us to have her maths remarked which we did and that did go up. Good job really as that would have cost £107!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in