Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Student teacher gift inspiration?

(18 Posts)
Snog Sun 20-Aug-17 05:07:53

Need ideas from all you fabulous teachers for a gift for my god daughter who is mid way through her teaching degree. Is going to teach primary age.
What might be a good present for her?
Budget up to £30. Thank you!

deary Sun 20-Aug-17 06:40:12

Does she still live with parents? Have her own home? Family?
PGCE is the most stressful thing I have ever done.
Suggestions are:
Voucher for a massage/ facial/ pamper;
Pirongs teacher planner (if she is on placement and knows how many lessons a day there are) or a lovely new diary;
Comfy shoes;
Voucher for stationery;
Warm hat/ scarf/ gloves for winter playground duty;
Nice lidded cup and water bottle.

hoopdeloop Sun 20-Aug-17 07:03:15

Depends on if you want a 'teacher' gift or a gift for her. If it's a teacher gift, I would recommend stampers, they are so expensive! You can get them personalised as well to whatever you like e.g 'Miss/Mrs Surname says Great Work! Or whatever you like

Snog Sun 20-Aug-17 10:20:47

Thank you both. She's 20 and at uni. Stampers are a fun idea!
Are there any good book recommendations?

hoopdeloop Sun 20-Aug-17 11:16:12

There are loads of great books out there, I bought loads, but to be honest they now sit gathering dust. Sue Cowley who writes the 'Getting the Buggers' series is a good shout though

trinity0097 Sun 20-Aug-17 12:47:53

I'd get her stickers from primary teaching services.

nothruroad Sun 20-Aug-17 13:14:16

Personalised stickers and stammers and a laminating machine with loads of sheets for it. And I don't know a single teacher who wouldn't be wildly excited by a pack of Sharpies!

jennielou75 Sun 20-Aug-17 17:49:25

Twinkl website but might be more than £30. Could see if they do a student deal? Great for primary.

jennielou75 Sun 20-Aug-17 17:54:36

Oh and you could get personalised stickers which children love. Mine say 'Mrs Jones says Well Done!'. They take a bit longer but not much PTS does them.

BringOnTheScience Mon 21-Aug-17 16:30:13

Second the suggestion of a laminator and lots of pouches!

Or a really sturdy tote bag filled with stuff...
Post its
Whiteboard pens
Hand sanitiser
Hand cream
Paracetamol
Dry shampoo
Glue sticks
Big scissors
Chocolate
More post its!

BringOnTheScience Mon 21-Aug-17 16:31:56

www.thegoodbagco.com/product-tag/teacher/ these are lovely 😀

Snog Mon 21-Aug-17 17:14:22

Great ideas!
Thank you. More ideas welcome!

mrz Sat 26-Aug-17 07:07:43

I bought these fir the student teacher I had in my class a couple of years ago
Add some stationery ...all teachers are addicts.

MiaowTheCat Sat 26-Aug-17 08:27:11

One I was given when I went to do my PGCE was a couple of nice anthologies of short stories and poems (the sort that would appeal to kids - not really dated dreary ones). Had a lot of use from it over the years and is now very dog eared stored with my teaching stuff.

And a decent pair of adult sized scissors! Cutting extended amounts of stuff out with kid sized ones knacks the hell out of my hands. I was also told by a mentor on my PGCE to get a pair and hide them and guard them with my life. To be honest it was one of the more useful bits of content on my PGCE.

Snog Wed 30-Aug-17 08:57:40

Great ideas, thank you!
Love the tin

Janeismymiddlename Wed 30-Aug-17 15:11:28

I have a tin like that which is filled with pencils, stickers, bouncy balls, some emoji bracelets and other assorted party bag fillers tat I use as prizes for good behaviour, out standing contributions to class, being a good friend, etc. It is quite expensive to maintain so as a student, she might appreciate it?

jennielou75 Wed 30-Aug-17 16:22:17

Be careful though. I used to have a treasure chest full of stuff but I was told I couldn't use them any more because it could be seen as grooming! It was more that other colleagues didn't want to do it and we all had to be the same!

Janeismymiddlename Wed 30-Aug-17 18:03:18

Wow! I am Secondary trained and work in a very deprived area in a requires improvement school - the offer of a prize works wonders! I maintained the prize box for the work I did in primary - also worked wonders. It is scary what people want to read into things - they do love a postcard home or some good old fashioned praise but there's nothing better than getting a dip in the box!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now