Advanced search

Physics teacher overseas trained -process?

(6 Posts)
rachmack Thu 17-Aug-17 20:55:37

Hi everyone
Thanks for reading. Does anyone know how a non EU citizen would transfer their physics teaching qualification to a UK school. The online info is very confusing.

OP’s posts: |
siilk Sun 20-Aug-17 09:25:52

It will all depend on where you trained and where you want to teach. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland each have very different processes for qualification. I managed to requalify In Wales. It Was a very difficult process there. If you want to on me feel free. A good place to look for information on It is a website aimed at teachers and has lots of information. Good Luck the process is not easy

siilk Sun 20-Aug-17 09:26:29

Apologies for the typos. My tablet has a mind if its own!

Avebury Tue 22-Aug-17 21:38:14

Physics teachers very much in demand particularly in the independent sector who can technically employ who they like.

rachmack Thu 24-Aug-17 17:34:37

Thanks for your replies everyone. Will look in to those. Actually for a friend who is moving over.

OP’s posts: |
physicskate Sun 27-Aug-17 16:36:16

The process is different in each of he four countries of the UK AND depends on the country where you trained.

Questions: Where did your friend train and where are they planning to move to? Does your friend already have the right to work in the UK? Is your friend a native English speaker (or do they speak English with a high degree of fluency)?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in