Talk

Advanced search

TA supply work

(3 Posts)
SnowCurl Mon 17-Jul-17 07:51:40

Hi there. I am after a bit of advice. I am a stay at home parent and really want to get back to work in schools as a TA. Am thinking primary. I currently volunteer one morning a week at a primary school and have done so since Easter. I worked as a TA in secondary school for a term before relocating and now have an employment gap from staying at home to raise the kids (5 years).

I have been applying for TA posts but have had little success in being shortlisted for interview. I recently obtained my first interview for a SEN TA and was really enthusiastic and quite positive about being shortlisted despite my lack of experience/formal TA qualifications. Feedback from the interview was that I lacked the experience to provide more detailed answers to their questions. On the back of this it was suggested to me to do some supply TA work. I would love to hear your thoughts/experiences of obtaining supply TA work. I have never done agency work of any kind so was surprised this might be an option without qualifications pertaining to the role.

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Mon 17-Jul-17 23:32:26

There's another thread running currently about qualifications of those working in schools. It does seem to vary hugely, across the country.
In my LA, you wouldn't get a sniff at a TA job without Level three qualifications, but it seems that is not the case across the country.

I guess you can only contact agencies near you and see what they say.

SnowCurl Tue 18-Jul-17 10:45:44

Thanks for your reply. That is interesting. I know that there is a bit of a back log of qualified TAs looking for posts in our area but was hoping if I kept trying I might get lucky. I will have a look through the threads to see if I can find it.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in