Talk

Advanced search

Anyone do cover work on a supply basis?

(2 Posts)
madmomma Fri 07-Jul-17 19:17:55

I've just signed up with an agency for supply TA work and cover supervision and was wondering if anyone else does this?

MiaowTheCat Tue 11-Jul-17 16:17:57

I used to - but I wouldn't do cover supervisor rates for actual teaching back when that was viable and then the kids came along about the time that that became pretty unsustainable to continue.

I loved doing the actual supply work (did some supply TA work as well to get more experience in some settings - like schools I knew had fantastic setups for children with autism and other SEN etc) - hated dealing with supply agencies and the fact that you'd just get a good working relationship up with one consultant and then they'd bloody move on cos the staff turnover in them is horrible.

I think they're really feeling a shortage of supply staff at the moment though - I've just had to contact one after 6 or so years for a factual "worked for us between X and Y" reference and they were immediately trying to get me back out and working for them! As do the emails and texts I still get on occasion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now