Talk

Advanced search

Reception interview. Only taught Y1-6...

(6 Posts)
pinkrocker Sun 02-Jul-17 08:45:11

I need to use early learning goals / EYFS to plan this don't I?
I did consider that as the class are getting to the end of their time in Reception, that I could perhaps teach a Y1 lesson, including links to that particular curriculum, what do you think?
EYFS is a whole new world for me..
(NQT by the way..)

OP’s posts: |
grasspigeons Sun 02-Jul-17 08:50:22

I have no advice as I don't teach. But all I can say is, when I go into a reception classroom, they all move around even this late in the year.

JimmyPestoJunior Sun 02-Jul-17 08:58:47

I would still plan from the early learning goals and incorporate learning objectives that link to the Exceeding criteria of the areas of learning.
You could include a Y1 objective as a next step on your plan or mention in the interview how your lesson would prepare the children for the Y1 objective of XYZ to show where they would go next.

TheSleeperandTheSpindle Sun 02-Jul-17 09:00:56

Could you get in touch with the school and find out what their current topic is and then plan something around that? Or have they given you a set task?

Something under 'Understanding the World' or 'Expressive Art and Design' would be lovely if you are allowed to choose - these areas cover things like science, art, music etc.

Also I taught Year R for 7 years and often taught whole class lessons rather than lots of moving around, again Art or an exploratory Science lesson would lend itself nicely to this.

YogiYoni Sun 02-Jul-17 09:01:15

I teach secondary so am no expert, but yes, I think you need an EYFS lesson. You need to show you're confident with reception (even if you're not!)

pinkrocker Sun 02-Jul-17 09:23:54

Thank you all very much!
Off to get planning. smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in