Talk

Advanced search

When do I ring and enquire about shortlisting?

(10 Posts)
miwelaisjacydo Thu 08-Jun-17 18:31:28

Have applied for a job as a HLTA running a preschool assessment centre. Although in a school I would be paid by the LA not through the school.

Shortlisting was Wednesday. When would be too soon to ask about if I have been shortlisted? Also what do I ask? And who?

Sorry really dim questions but I hate waiting for things and am overthinking everything.

OP’s posts: |
miwelaisjacydo Thu 08-Jun-17 19:52:15

Shameless bump

Wonderpants Thu 08-Jun-17 20:07:55

Do you know when the interview date is?
I don't think they generally contact you if you haven't been shortlisted. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on ringing- we've (PGCE students) been told that up to 100 people apply for jobs so they wouldn't want that many ringing.

Chewbecca Thu 08-Jun-17 20:15:15

Do you need to ring at all? It won't make any difference.

miwelaisjacydo Thu 08-Jun-17 21:06:56

Yes because my LA are notorious for not contacting candidates. I would want to know/see the matrix if I was not successful to see if and where my application let me down.

Wonderpants Thu 08-Jun-17 21:42:06

I'm not sure they will spend their time doing that, especially if they've had lots of applicants!

miwelaisjacydo Thu 08-Jun-17 21:46:27

Every application has to have gone through the matrix system.

It is the county policy. We then as applicants have the right to see the matrix.

miwelaisjacydo Fri 09-Jun-17 21:00:09

I emailed today. I have a job interview.

Wonderpants Sat 10-Jun-17 07:41:40

Fantastic! Good luck with it! What does the job entail?

miwelaisjacydo Sat 10-Jun-17 07:44:22

Wood - running a preschool assessment unit. Planning organising and assessing up to six children with complex needs.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in