Talk

Advanced search

Back to it tomorrow!

(11 Posts)
PumpkinPie2016 Sun 04-Jun-17 21:18:11

Half term has gone so fast sad can't believe it's back to work for the final half term tomorrow! !

I know it's only 7 weeks but within that we have yet more work scrutinies, another round if observations, trips/activities, New intake days and another parents eve, not to mention the continuing exams - I'm tired just thinking about it confused

Fingers crossed we get some nice weather and the hols hurry up and arrive!

OP’s posts: |
noblegiraffe Sun 04-Jun-17 22:02:17

Fingers crossed we don't get especially nice weather as my classroom temperature rockets and it's impossible to teach.

I'm feeling really demotivated after a nice relaxing week off. Can't get myself back into the work mindset.

Wolfiefan Sun 04-Jun-17 22:04:45

Thank you.
As an ex teacher and parent of two thanks to everyone who has withstood the demoralising constant change and new initiatives, the scrutiny and the stress. Because of you my children are (mostly) looking forward to going back to school. After losing a grandparent this half term holiday they see school as a safe and happy place.
So thank you all. flowers

PumpkinPie2016 Mon 05-Jun-17 06:47:22

Noble - my room is also awful in the heat so maybe we should just hope for nice weather at the weekends grin

Wolfie - sorry to hear your DC have lost a grandparent sad - that must be so hard for them. However, thank you for your lovely message! I hope school is a welcome distraction for your children in the coming weeks. The workload and scrutiny seems never ending at the moment - we've just had ofsted and done well so we were hoping we might be able to relax a bit for the last half term but alas no - keeping us to the grindstone right up until the summer!

LottieDoubtie Mon 05-Jun-17 06:50:33

I'm being appraised this half term sad

And I've done naff all of my holiday work.

I'm definitely not sat on my bed wishing it wasn't Monday. Oh no not me...

SnickersWasAHorse Mon 05-Jun-17 07:14:22

Is it Monday already?
This last half term is always so busy. There never seems like enough time to get everything done!

MsAwesomeDragon Mon 05-Jun-17 07:24:41

I'm hoping for dull weather for this half term, so I don't melt in my classroom (why do classrooms get so hot?!)

I've got a bit more time now y11 and sixth form have gone so it will be easier from that point of view. But I've got tons of work to do during that gained time, like writing reports for 3 classes, and learning half an A level that I haven't taught before but am teaching in September.

noblegiraffe Mon 05-Jun-17 07:38:45

Have your sixth form gone? Ours are still hanging around till the end of June angry

MsAwesomeDragon Mon 05-Jun-17 13:52:10

Yes! smile This is the first day without y13 or y11. My y12 are on study leave this week as well!! grin. I almost feel like I'm still on holiday.

It's y7 exam week too, so I don't have to plan any lessons for them either. I'm getting so much work done!

LottieDoubtie Mon 05-Jun-17 17:00:56

My year 9 exams start on Thurs can't wait to be shot of the horrible lot able to get on with some work!

Survived the day and home for 5pm it wasn't as bad as it felt before 7am this morning.... but then it rarely is!

PumpkinPie2016 Mon 05-Jun-17 17:03:51

Also survived! Our y11 and sixth form are still in shock

Hoping they go soon!

Hope everyone else has had a good day

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in