Talk

Advanced search

Half term and exhausted

(11 Posts)
SqueeksAway Mon 29-May-17 12:01:13

So, May half term what are you doing?

Lots of people have asked me but I really want to just crawl into bed and sleep for a few days after Gcse coursework marking and exam preparation - anyone feel the same?

SqueeksAway Mon 29-May-17 12:02:22

Or has anyone got great solutions for finding half term energy?!

PumpkinPie2016 Mon 29-May-17 15:51:02

I'm the same - we've had weeks of extra revision sessions and then an ofsted visit last week - totally drained!

So far I have spent time with my little boy which is nice as I feel.like I've not given him enough time the last few weekssad

Tomorrow I will go on a walk to feed the ducks and visit the library/park with him which he'll love.

Not sure the rest of the week but will do a mixture of relaxing at home and outings with ds ☺

I've got marking and planning to do plus an appraisal update meeting to prep forconfused roll on summer holidays!

Anasnake Mon 29-May-17 15:52:34

I'm the same, I've got absolutely loads to do but I'm sitting in bed watching telly and messing on MN - we deserve it !!

SqueeksAway Tue 30-May-17 14:30:01

Oh we so deserve it!! 😉 Ana - damn coursework I won't miss it

Pumpkin that sounds lovely! I felt all teary eyed with nostalgia I might try and get my little boy to come and feed the ducks with me - though he's revising for his GCSEs.... so maybe not - we went to lunch and he tried on tuxedos yesterday for me so that's a teenage version

I love holidays but wish I used them better - did more exercise more housework and more prep

Tips very welcome smile

LockedOutOfMN Tue 30-May-17 22:38:38

My school doesn't have half-term. We were inspected a couple of weeks ago and I have also had a virus so I feel exhausted. I am a glutton for punishment by clicking on this thread!

I hope everyone has a restful and fun holiday. OP, I would say the best way to find energy is to get into a routine? Even if it's a relaxing and carefree one, e.g. sleeping, waking and eating at the same time every day. Also try to get some fresh air every day.

Littlefish Tue 30-May-17 22:40:10

Writing reports.
Writing reports.
Writing reports.
Writing reports.
Writing reports.

You get the picture!

PurpleDaisies Tue 30-May-17 22:42:24

I've watched a lot of tv, done some cleaning and jobs you just can't do in term time and spent some time sitting in coffee shops reading.

PurpleDaisies Tue 30-May-17 22:43:50

I find it helpful to make lists-one boring list and one fun list, plus make a rough schedule for each day.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 30-May-17 23:17:23

PurpleDaisies
spent some time sitting in coffee shops reading

This is why I should never have opened this thread! Enjoy, you all deserve a relaxing week.

SaDo12 Wed 31-May-17 08:58:21

Typically I'm full of cold and exhausted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now