Talk

Advanced search

Advice please about potential new role

(3 Posts)
sweetfig Sun 28-May-17 20:59:44

Sorry guys keep asking you lots of questions. So, after finally get an iv for a science job I was elated to be offered the job. But when I received my offer letter yesterday I was shocked to see it was for just one fixed term. What can I do? The school is lovely but there was never any mention of the job not being permanent.

BackforGood Mon 29-May-17 23:08:05

Well, not seen any of your previous posts so don't know your situation, but, if you are looking for a job and you like the school, then take it. If you feel you have a good shot at another job that you prefer in another school, then don't.
Obviously I wouldn't generally advise giving up a permanent contract for a 1 term one, but if you don't have a job, and you like the school, then it's a "bird in hand".
That said, I thought there was a desperate shortage of science teachers? Are you not all supposed to be able to pick and choose your jobs ?

MrsGuyOfGisbo Tue 30-May-17 07:05:48

I took a temp fixed contract for 2 terms which the school has now made permanent. If you like it, why not take it - try before you buy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now