Talk

Advanced search

Advice please about potential new role

(3 Posts)
sweetfig Sun 28-May-17 20:59:44

Sorry guys keep asking you lots of questions. So, after finally get an iv for a science job I was elated to be offered the job. But when I received my offer letter yesterday I was shocked to see it was for just one fixed term. What can I do? The school is lovely but there was never any mention of the job not being permanent.

BackforGood Mon 29-May-17 23:08:05

Well, not seen any of your previous posts so don't know your situation, but, if you are looking for a job and you like the school, then take it. If you feel you have a good shot at another job that you prefer in another school, then don't.
Obviously I wouldn't generally advise giving up a permanent contract for a 1 term one, but if you don't have a job, and you like the school, then it's a "bird in hand".
That said, I thought there was a desperate shortage of science teachers? Are you not all supposed to be able to pick and choose your jobs ?

MrsGuyOfGisbo Tue 30-May-17 07:05:48

I took a temp fixed contract for 2 terms which the school has now made permanent. If you like it, why not take it - try before you buy...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: