Talk

Advanced search

Science teachers- anyone using the Pearson progression maps or Edexcel KS3 Exploring Science course?

(6 Posts)
Bubble77bee Thu 25-May-17 11:48:39

I'm thinking of introducing this at my school, but would welcome some feedback. I like the step level which are linked to 9-1, but I don't understand why the learning objectives in the schemes of work have old NC levels. Also has anyone used the Pearson/edexcel progression map? The spreadsheet seems huge and I can't get my head around it! Any thoughts gratefully received!

Rosieposy4 Thu 25-May-17 20:21:53

Exploring science is as dull as ditch water and horribly formulaic.

Rosieposy4 Thu 25-May-17 20:25:30

Sorry, that was a bit brief. We write our own, the bought in sow always in our experience tend to have some drawbacks and are fairly expensive. We split the job between the whole department, starting with a meeting or two to discuss and firm up what we want and need to teach when to get the kids where they need to be for the start of gcse, then divvy up the lessons amongst us. So then the person in charge of lets say rocks wirtes kesson plans, preps powerpoints, sorts out worksheets of varying difficulty, trails new pracs etc. Works really well, better in our collective and singular opinion than any bought scheme and free.

Rosieposy4 Thu 25-May-17 20:26:12

Sorry, can spell, can't type!

samsonthecat Thu 25-May-17 21:03:28

We use exploring science and I really like it.

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 27-May-17 07:56:46

We use exploring science - it's ok for the higher sets but my set 4 are struggling this year - lots of content and some is quite difficult. The end of unit.tests are hard for them to access.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now