Talk

Advanced search

School's Direct or SCITT

(4 Posts)
ReasonableEnthusiast Wed 24-May-17 21:51:21

Please help, I've been offered a place on both a School's Direct and a SCITT programme for a September start. It's in primary education. Thing is I'm really unsure of which one to pick. The schools under each programme all have their merits with each having schools that are more convenient in distance in terms of commute. Do you as teachers/school staff have any experience in which programme is generally better? What are the pro's and cons of each programme?

samlovesdilys Wed 24-May-17 21:56:38

I have experience of both - really recommend Scitt as good balance between schools direct and pgce. Which do you feel will give you more support, both practically and pedagogically??

LittleBoyBlue91 Wed 24-May-17 22:14:09

In the schools direct alliance there are only 10 students across 15 partner schools and in the last 3 years all their graduates have become NQT's at one of these schools. They do seem very invested in their students and the smaller group does seem to provide a 'personal touch' evident in the interview process. However the SCITT is known locally as providing 'cutting edge' training and the schools are local leaders in their literacy teaching. Students from both routes still attend the local university on fridays for teaching to gain their PGCE. It seems it may be swings and roundabouts. Thank you for the support though

samlovesdilys Thu 25-May-17 06:53:29

Whichever you pick, teaching us a FAB career!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now