Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

At last an interview but just seen the job ad has extended deadline

(7 Posts)
sweetfig Wed 24-May-17 20:40:09

I've been really struggling to get an interview in teaching. I only qualified 3 years ago and had to take a break due to dd's mental health. I would not ever change that decision but I do feel it has jeopardised my chances of securing a permanent job again in teaching. So, I applied for yet again another position, finally got offered an iv tomorrow. So went on the said schools website to research the school, only to find they've extended the deadline for the job I applied for til 5th June!!!
Does that mean I'm going to have to wait over a week for a decision?? Was I the only one to apply?

bigchris Wed 24-May-17 20:42:11

That's odd, maybe they just want to fill the days slots up

YoniFucker Wed 24-May-17 21:47:55

Maybe they now have two roles? Late resignation?

Astro55 Wed 24-May-17 23:56:22

Could be a computer glitch - in that it stopped accepting applications and they've noticed?

Could be the holidays coming up?

Have you been on supply? It gets your face known and lets you see if you like the school

sweetfig Fri 26-May-17 21:00:19

Thank you all for your replies! I'm still not sure about what is happening at the school but I've been offered a years fixed term. Am happy but gutted it's not permanent.

YoniFucker Fri 26-May-17 22:26:33

Congratulations flowers Have a fab bank holiday weekend [wine}

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 27-May-17 17:03:27

Congratulations on your job - you never know, it may become permanent in the end smile

As for the extended deadline, I wouldn't worry - at our school, we had to do this with a job due to someone else getting a new job and resigning just as the first ad was about to close.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now