Talk

Advanced search

School hasn't got back to me after interview

(26 Posts)
gottaloveascamhun Tue 23-May-17 06:15:20

Should I phone them or wait? Interview was Friday. Head said several times she would be in contact yesterday (Monday). My home phone has a problem storing messages... should I phone the school and let them know my mobile is the best form of contact? I was invited for interview via email.

overmydeadbody Tue 23-May-17 06:17:04

Wait till the end of today and then phone

Good luck.

gottaloveascamhun Tue 23-May-17 06:19:05

Thank you. I'm finding the waiting very hard!

gottaloveascamhun Tue 23-May-17 11:59:09

Still nothing 😓

CremeEggThief Tue 23-May-17 20:16:13

This happened to me in early February. I'm still waiting. There's no way I would ever work for such a rude, ill-mannered organisation. I see it as a lucky escape.

ChickenBhuna Tue 23-May-17 20:22:36

Agree with CremeEgg , it's terribly rude of a potential employer to behave so unprofessionally.

I once applied for a job and didn't get my call to interview for four months...they wanted me in two days after their call. I politely refused their kind offer.

Do give them a call though. I hope you get the outcome you want.

MyOtherProfile Tue 23-May-17 20:41:54

Was it a teaching job? In my experience they tell you the same day or next day at the latest. I would presume they've offered it to someone else and are waiting for them to accept or decline before potentially moving on to the next person. I'd call them and ask for feedback.

gottaloveascamhun Tue 23-May-17 22:03:21

I phoned in the end, this afternoon. The head said she'd been wrestling with the decision all weekend, hence the delay. The other candidates hasn't been considered, I was the only one who would possibly get the job, but although my lesson and interview were both excellent and I fitted in well, I don't fit the criteria for the religious nature of the school. I lead collective worship twice a week, select and teach hymns, lead church services and attend messy church and church toddler groups in my spare time with my own children. It's not enough though, they want someone who goes to church every week. So now the head has no teacher for September. Clearly I'm not right for the job but it's very disappointing.

tinhead Tue 23-May-17 22:05:12

That's ridiculous. Sorry op.

SparklyUnicornPoo Tue 23-May-17 22:10:18

shock that's stupid! Saying that I got turned down for a TA job because I go to the wrong church (same faith, different parish) so you know, some schools are just weird.

gottaloveascamhun Tue 23-May-17 22:11:16

What can I do though? Just got to accept it and move on.

tinhead Tue 23-May-17 22:12:08

The head won't find a better candidate so it's a very stupid decision!

flowers

gottaloveascamhun Tue 23-May-17 22:13:00

Thank you Tinhead.

gottaloveascamhun Tue 23-May-17 22:16:59

Sparklyunicornpoo That's rubbish! I love your username.

CremeEggThief Tue 23-May-17 23:34:29

That Head is such an idiot. Sorry about the job, OP.brew

gottaloveascamhun Wed 24-May-17 15:26:42

Thank you creme egg thief

Piggywaspushed Wed 24-May-17 20:36:38

... and Church schools wonder why they can't recruit!!

I am a governor at a CofE school and they had five applicants for a headship. Five.

And they all still split hairs over whether the applicants seemed devout enough.

calzone Wed 24-May-17 22:03:08

There was a reason I didn't tell them my religion when I was interviewed for a position at my local c of e school.....

gottaloveascamhun Thu 25-May-17 16:13:35

I had a reference from my church leader at messy church which I attend with my children each school holiday. I lead prayer every day I teach. Today I taught RE all day and then took collective worship. I feel really upset as I do have a faith and would like to attend church regularly which I stated in the interview. My faith is developing at my pace but they want someone who is already at a stage further on than where I am.

Piggywaspushed Thu 25-May-17 16:44:20

What level of responsibility is this for? It does seem extraordinarily fussy!

user1471134011 Thu 25-May-17 17:00:44

Ou might have dodged a billet there OP. In my experience schools which nitpick to that extent are not comfortable places to work.

user1471134011 Thu 25-May-17 17:01:16

Bullet even. Although dodging a billet sounds fun too 😂

gottaloveascamhun Thu 25-May-17 17:19:53

Independent sector. Part time class teacher.

gottaloveascamhun Thu 25-May-17 17:25:16

Youre You're probably right user. I'm so gutted! Need to move on as it obviously wasn't Meant to be.

upwardsandonwards33 Thu 25-May-17 17:43:41

I am assuming it is a private Christian school and parents send their children there because they are practising Christians themselves or if not the school espouses more than Christian values/ ethos. I know private schools like this and they will employ only practising Christian teachers.
I think they were trying to see from your application form where you are with your relationship with God. That is why you were called for an interview but in the end unfortunately you weren't a fit this time. I am sorry but it may not have been right for you.
All the best for the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now