Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me, or are the kids HORRIBLE at the moment?

(14 Posts)
BraCrumble Wed 17-May-17 20:27:34

Ugh. I hardly ever shout (really!), but today I had several PROPER shouts.

My class are being horrible with me, even worse with supplies, and every day I'm dealing with incidents that happened at playtime or in the corridors or in the toilets or while they were eating... And it's not just the usual suspects, it's all but about 4 of 30!

Is it just the time of year? Or is it just us? It seems to be the whole school!

WombatStewForTea Wed 17-May-17 20:37:21

Same here. Think they need half term. My y6s are in that funny place after SATs where their heads are all over the place.

Dolceandgabbana14 Wed 17-May-17 20:44:24

Yes! My Year Sixes have been hard work this week. Wet break and lunch today didn't help either sad

bigchris Wed 17-May-17 20:45:26

Agree

It was so muggy and stuffy inside today, the kids need a break

avocadosripe Wed 17-May-17 20:46:03

My friend and I said the same today - two different schools, she in reception, I in secondary!

GreatWhites Wed 17-May-17 21:20:04

Oh god me too. Being really cheeky and purposefully annoying.

thatone Wed 17-May-17 22:56:41

same here - they are being really difficult

reallyneedmoresleep Wed 17-May-17 23:08:37

What they really need are some of those fun spinner thingies......

Iwantacampervan Thu 18-May-17 07:00:16

I noticed that at cubs this week, no year 6s as usually years 3-5 but I think schools have been doing internal tests. That was before the day of constant rain yesterday which can't have helped. We ended up going to a local park and playing games as it was far too muggy to stay in. It's only been a short half term but the holiday can't come soon enough.

teacher54321 Thu 18-May-17 07:04:56

Muggy weather, wet play, exam season, needing half term. All these things drive them a bit bonkers. And mean that I have an exceptionally short fuse!

Teatimebear Thu 18-May-17 19:58:07

What they really need are some of those fun spinner thingies......

I have a drawer full of ones I've 'collected' from my class if you need any!

Good to know it's not just us! We're starting rehearsals for our end of term play, too. Imagine my delight. hmm

BraCrumble Thu 18-May-17 20:56:49

Oh well, just got to survive until half term, then. I plan to sleep for at least 2/3 of it.

Euphemia Sat 20-May-17 06:13:16

I'm in Scotland and I feel the same.

We don't have SATS so I can't blame the P7s' awful behaviour on the stress of that!

Our P7s are vile at the moment. Moody, rude, arrogant shits. Kids who have previously been lovely are now acting like it's all beneath them.

We have six weeks to go. Summer holidays start 30th June. We should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. However we have a new HT who is an untrained, unqualified inexperienced megalomaniac cracks the whip and we have so much pressure on us we're all about to crack.

Six weeks, six weeks, six weeks ...

TurquoiseFlamingo Sat 20-May-17 09:15:28

It is definitely the time of year when it takes a lot more to engage them. They know you too well and you know them too well. They've seen all your tricks and are a bit bored of it all. I always think mixing up teachers more in the upper end of primary is needed. I'm state primary and am with my class all day, all week. It is too much and not good prep for secondary.
I'm Y6 and they are driving me mad - finished SATs, very focused on writing but SO noisy and trying it on. Pushing the boundaries all the time. The wanna be teenage behaviour is coming through... but then I laugh as they swag off at the end of the day discussing youtube, making very teenager-ish banter but with their spiderman rucksack and little lunchboxes clutched in their hands... reminder they are still very far off being a teenager.
Very hard to stay calm from my end too as I know them too well, I know I've worked with Johnny a thousand times on his behaviour and we had cracked it before Easter.
8 weeks to go!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now