Talk

Advanced search

Kit days paid hourly?

(7 Posts)
Lampshadelegs Sat 13-May-17 09:32:22

In my school's policy it states that KIT days are paid at the contractual hourly rate
My school seem to think that if I do for example, a 9 hour day they will still write on the form that gets sent to HR, that I had worked 5.5 hours shock this 5.5 hours is because my normal hours at full time are 27.5 so it's just divided by five.
I have asked the head if she will get clarity about this from HR because her and I are reading this differently. She has agreed to but now I'm worrying because I would never normally be so confrontational as to openly disagree with who is essentially my boss.
I just want to go back with a good atmosphere not the head and bursar thinking of me as greedy or difficult.
I genuinely love my job and they have bent over backwards to make my return smooth and flexible for my new status as a mother for which I a so grateful.
Ahh I'm just being a worry wart aren't I!?

SlapperPJ Sat 13-May-17 09:51:05

Yes you are (being a worry wart). Even if there is some to-ing/fro-ing around the pay for your KIT days it is sooo unlikely to impact on your return/future relationship it is untrue. They will check it out and let you know. Head has agreed to check it out - and she is probably not 100% au fait with every maternity/payroll issue anyway so you are totally entitled to ask her to check.

It will an admin-y thing that have to check out with payroll/the LA/Serco. Whatever the rules, well they will be the rules. It will be a small admin blip on her day. Soon forgotten once sorted. Don't fret. flowers

Sunnie1984 Sat 13-May-17 10:06:14

My boss seems to think that you get paid for the hours you work.

So I could go in and do a half day, which counts as one kit day, but I would be paid less than if I did a full day, which would also count as one kit day.

Lampshadelegs Mon 15-May-17 08:22:45

Thanks for your replies, I'll await the email this week! 😬😬😬

dementedpixie Mon 15-May-17 08:30:10

www.maternityaction.org.uk/advice-2/mums-dads-scenarios/pregnant/keeping-in-touch-days/ looks like there is no regulation around how much you should be paid and that it should be agreed between you and your employer

Wait4nothing Mon 15-May-17 17:33:37

Don't know the legalities but I submitted time sheets so got paid the hours I worked (and it was a good wage for the work!)

Lampshadelegs Tue 16-May-17 09:00:08

Thanks^^ that's what I thought it was-

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now