Talk

Advanced search

Adolescent perceptions of refugees

(3 Posts)
Josiejosieresearch Fri 12-May-17 09:56:01

Hello all,
I'm a secondary teacher currently undertaking some research on adolescent perceptions of refugees. It's to do with the way that young people aged 13-18 react to news and political discourse and the extent to which they engage in these discussions at school given current educational policy.

Any teachers out there in the North of England ?

I am conducting focus groups taking 40 minutes. All the school is required to do is distribute the information sheets and provide the space for the focus group.

If interested please send me a PM - findings from this project will contribute to developing effective practice in schools.

Thanks !

thetroutofnocraic Sun 14-May-17 12:39:01

I'm a primary teacher in the North West, I also volunteer regularly at a charity that helps asylum seekers and refugees.

Can't obviously help with your research as the age bracket I teach is not what you're looking for but I hope your work goes well. Anything that can contribute to effective practice in this area would be welcomed!

Josiejosieresearch Mon 15-May-17 14:28:04

Thanks, it is good to find other teachers engaged with these issues!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now