Talk

Advanced search

Feel sick - job dilemma

(3 Posts)
ApplePizza Wed 10-May-17 08:04:12

I've been off with stress in a job I hate after having been out on a support plan (just two weeks), but bad enough. I work part time, but it has been enough!

I've just seen a job that seems perfect (in school with people I know who are happy) and in a location that works really well for where we wanted to live in the future, but might involve a house move.

The dilemma is, as much as it sounds perfect, it's full time. This current job has broken me and I am leaving this year. I was looking forward to having some time out in September to gather myself and being happy again. It's also in a year group I'm less familiar with.

My head says go for it, I have nothing to lose. My heart keeps changing from 'take some rest' to 'go for it' and my stressed, run down body says 'nooo! Sabotage!'.

WWYD? Something on a silver plate (although I've got to actually get the job, though wink and I don't know if I can do it.
I don't know what to do! I'm so run down.

OP’s posts: |
ApplePizza Wed 10-May-17 08:05:19

I mean I've juts been off for two weeks. The support plan was longer.

OP’s posts: |
jellyfrizz Wed 10-May-17 09:08:11

Why don't you just apply anyway and go from there?

I found working full time in a couple of lovely schools far easier and less stressful than part time in a rubbish one.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in