Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going back after a long gap. Advice please

(3 Posts)
ILoveDolly Tue 09-May-17 21:18:01

I completed my PGCE 7 years ago when my 1st child was 3. I was prevented from doing my NQT straight away as I fell pregnant during my last term of study. After this, health problems, a medical problem with 2nd child, a house move and then a third child have meant that I have concentrated on doing other work that was much more flexible (basically I've been self employed in a non education role).
Anyway. My children are all school age and a recent voluntary job at their school has shown me that I really still do have a desire to be in school.
Is it madness to try and get employment as an NQT (I don't know if I could manage the workload with three children)?
Would it just be smarter to get a TA post?
WWYD

SquidgeyMidgey Wed 10-May-17 19:36:36

Last September I returned after 11 years out. I worked as a ta for the three years previously. Being in school as a ta is a world apart, it really is. My teaching contract is 3 days/week but I work 5 days and evenings.

ILoveDolly Wed 10-May-17 23:01:12

Thanks for your response. I know the jobs are very different, I want to teach but I'm just not sure I can manage the workload at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now