Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Reports - secondary school

(6 Posts)
EvilTwins Fri 21-Apr-17 19:39:53

If you teach secondary, when do you do written reports (the sort that go home to parents)? My school has been up and down in terms of leadership this year and one of the consequences has been that the reporting schedule has gone out of the window. Head implied last term that we would be putting that right next term which makes me panic that I will suddenly be asked to write over 300 all in one go. Normally we stagger them. What do you do at your school?

MooPointCowsOpinion Fri 21-Apr-17 19:42:43

4 data points a year, where parents are sent basic info: if students are on track for their progress pathway, if they're behaving (rating on a scale) if they're doing homework.

Each reporting point also has just one year group who get written comments.

It's easy enough, just need to time exams right to make sure I have up to date data to back up the progress scores (with the caveat that I teach Maths and therefore can't predict a grade as there aren't grade boundaries yet so I'm 'educated guessing' on the progress)

noblegiraffe Fri 21-Apr-17 19:47:59

My school doesn't do written comments for KS3 which is great for workload. They do get 6 'graded' reports though. Y11 and 13 written are after mocks, Y10 and 12 in the summer.

Maggy74653 Fri 21-Apr-17 19:54:00

We don't do written reports. Just data reports of current grades, which go out several times a year.

Rosieposy4 Fri 21-Apr-17 21:41:53

Six times a year for data points, including attitude to learning for all the kids i teach (340) written reports only for tutor group annually -30 and ucas reports as well.

TeenAndTween Sat 22-Apr-17 19:53:08

Not a teacher. DD's school:
y7-10: 3 reports per year end of each term. No written comments, one attainment grade/indicator & one attitude score per subject.
y11 written report ~April was rather pointless so late in the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now