Talk

Advanced search

Pension question

(4 Posts)
mizu Sun 16-Apr-17 20:27:58

My teachers pension page has £2,296 in big numbers on the front page. No idea what this means.

Now can't get into my account and no one answers the phone.

I have put into the teachers pension for around 10 years, working anything from 0.5 to 0.6 to 0.75 ( 0.75 for about 5 years or longer now) and now full time for a year covering manager's maternity leave.

My salary at 0.75 with an extra £1500 for extra responsibilities was £21,892. Now it's £31,000 for a year.
I'm 44.
What does this number mean? I'm hoping it means this is the pension I have now and it will grow. Is that right?

I know I should pay more attention to all this and have decided to really make an effort regarding my salary.

Can anyone help ? Thanks!

echt Sun 16-Apr-17 22:37:01

They won't answer the phone because it's the weekend ( this is TP with its head quarters in the north-east?)

Take a deep breath and try on Tuesday. I found them endlessly helpful when sorting out my UK teacher's pension.

What you do need is your TP number, which will be XX/YYYYY.

You should also keep all your P60s, vital stuff. If you have paper pay slips, scan and keep them. They are proof of when you started and finished contracts. I say all this because when it came climbing my pension, all contracted out pay systems, e.g. Crapita, etc did not keep records after two/three years, whereas local authority records were scrupulously accurate. In the end it was down to my having kept nearly all my pay slips, and my last UK school ferreting out what evidence they had, too.

ImperialBlether Sun 16-Apr-17 22:37:58

I think it's what you'd get per year if you left now. It will go up as you work longer/your salary goes up.

mizu Mon 17-Apr-17 09:40:29

Thank you both.

Will try and call again this week but I haven't been calling this weekend, but for the last few weeks, either the 0345 number doesn't work or endless busy tone.

Either my user name or password was wrong so it was changed and then wasn't accepted 3 times so I've been locked out!! Now can't get hold of them to sort it out - and explain stuff to me. Will try and call again.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now