Not sure what to do

(7 Posts)
MrsCK Fri 17-Mar-17 18:55:26

Had to empty my bag a few days ago at work (secondary school). Found a packet of cigarettes and shoved them in my desk drawer with every intention of grabbing them at the end of the day. Remembered today and they've gone missing. Wwyd?

teacher54321 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:48:19

Shrug my shoulders and forget about it probably? Sorry, not very helpful! Is your line manager approachable? There's not much you can do about it I don't think... I wouldn't ever leave anything in your desk ever again though unless it was locked.

MapMyMum Fri 17-Mar-17 20:50:33

Is it your desk or will lots of teachers use the desk? Is it in a classroom ot an office?

elephantoverthehill Fri 17-Mar-17 20:55:55

Were they your cigarettes? Are you in Britain? Only because any smoker I know would not have a packet of cigarettes they had forgotten about as they are so expensive.

teacher54321 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:59:25

Hang on-yes if it was in your office that's very different to your classroom... IME classroom desks are not very private at all.

MrsCK Fri 17-Mar-17 21:34:13

Classroom. I used to smoke and forgot they were even in my bag! I'll chalk it down to experience and move on I think. I'm just panicking I'll get a bollocking for it!

elephantoverthehill Fri 17-Mar-17 21:42:36

Ha ha, I hope you have given up for at least 2 years and that they were an opened packet of cigarettes. The person who nicked them would have had a big disappointment; stale, dry tobacco, yuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now