Talk

Advanced search

Quick job application question re primary working hours

(7 Posts)
SarfEast1cated Wed 15-Mar-17 06:58:16

I am an NQT applying for jobs at the moment and have noticed that 'normal' borough controlled schools quote a 27.5 hours working week and a very old 'federation/guild' school is quoting a 32 hour working week.
I realise that the whatever the hours quoted we'll end up working very long hours, but I'm not sure how this discrepency works.
Am curious to know whether you get a higher salary at the federation? It's not on the application form...
Thanks in advance smile

monkeysox Wed 15-Mar-17 22:49:12

grin more like 50 or 60 😂 confused

SarfEast1cated Thu 16-Mar-17 09:06:11

Yes monkey I know it's a bit of a daft question, but I'm just curious how it works....

honeysucklejasmine Thu 16-Mar-17 09:10:23

It usually lines up with contact time. Does the 32 hours school have compulsory extra curricular activities?

SarfEast1cated Thu 16-Mar-17 09:32:10

I don't know honey, I didn't think of that. I wonder if the extra hours mean you get a slightly higher salary? I'm just feeling my way in this new world of different kinds of schools with different contracts - it seems pretty confusing!

honeysucklejasmine Thu 16-Mar-17 09:36:17

Just give them a ring and ask. 😊

SarfEast1cated Thu 16-Mar-17 09:55:20

I may disguise my voice so don't know it's me - they may think I'm grasping otherwise! grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now