Talk

Advanced search

I hate this FUCKING waste of a space job.

(86 Posts)
FedUpTeacher2 Tue 14-Mar-17 21:51:46

There. I've said it.

Role on 31st May.

angry sad

bignamechangeroonie Tue 14-Mar-17 22:14:00

Is that you Boris? Theresa?

grin

Teaching is shit sometimes flowers My own dh is in bed after get home at 8.15 and having started at 6am. Totally ridiculous at the moment.

Can we help?

I have cried about work this week.

Dh has poured me gin and done bedtime unprompted for the last three nights so he must sense my despair.

Is it the time of year? Or are things really worse now?

tissuesosoft Tue 14-Mar-17 22:20:49

I'm currently signed off from work with stress after being physically attacked for defending a pupil in a fight. Had enough of teaching!

pieceofpurplesky Tue 14-Mar-17 22:24:09

I am drained with constantly being told I need to do more when there is no more to do or give.
If I get asked one more time what I am doing to help X reach their target when X told me to 'go fuck myself' last week and has chosen to skive my lesson every day this week I think I might scream

Bubblysqueak Tue 14-Mar-17 22:26:16

Snap! I sympathise.
I leave at Easter and I am counting down the days 18 if anyone's interested

FedUpTeacher2 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:26:38

Thank you flowers

Currently on a 'support' plan and just overwhelmed with the impossibleness of it. sad not one bit of the 'support' benefits the children.

FedUpTeacher2 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:29:02

flowers for all of you as well

throwinshapes Tue 14-Mar-17 22:35:48

Not a teacher myself- but a few good friends are.
Really saddened by the state of the profession in this current pressured climate.
So flowers for you all. And what a loss to our kids you will also be.

MrsT2007 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:40:06

I hear you.

I quit nearly two years ago. Now I do supply, on my terms, around what I want to do.

There's life on the other side, and it's way more important than killing yourselves teaching

PacificDogwod Tue 14-Mar-17 22:41:49

I'm not a teacher, just wish to express support.

My DCs have benefitted and are benefitting from some amazing teachers.

grin and cake and brew and thanks to you all.

PacificDogwod Tue 14-Mar-17 22:42:17

That was NOT meant to be grin, but gin....

blush

FedUpTeacher2 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:42:38

It has slowly dawned on me these past two weeks that it is making me physically ill (not just mentally sad). This job will kill me and I have to leave. Apart from the children, there are just no positives. None.

I am drained with constantly being told I need to do more when there is no more to do or give

This

Except there's loads more to di, just no time to do it.

Are you leaving then @FedUp? Do you think it's teaching or your school you're done with?

I still think it's the best job in the world a lot of the time; I just wish we were given the time to do it properly.

russetbella1000 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:48:08

I'm also on supply-definitely the only way I could carry on!

pieceofpurplesky Tue 14-Mar-17 22:52:16

Truth I meant no more to do as in to help the kid! There is always more to do! Bad wording from me I'm only an English teacher!

FedUpTeacher2 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:52:45

@atruth

I really want to leave teaching altogether. Realistically, I know I'll have to do some sort of supply or tutoring while I sort my exit.

I don't ever what to be in the classroom again.

MooMooTheFirst Tue 14-Mar-17 22:58:05

I want to quit too. I'm meant to be mornings only but that never happens. I end up doing full time hours for part time pay and I've only been back from maternity leave for two weeks. It's affecting my mental and physical health and I canr do it much longer. I'm putting in a request for job share and if that is turned down I will be handing my notice in.

[flowwrs] for you, OP

MooMooTheFirst Tue 14-Mar-17 22:58:21

flowers blush

ScarletSienna Tue 14-Mar-17 23:01:02

I have never regretted leaving state teaching. Ever. flowers

buckeejit Tue 14-Mar-17 23:07:25

This is so sad. Are most of you struggling secondary teachers?

Is it city schools that are more problematic? Im aware that teachers are stretched but is there anything that can be done to help?

Sorry if this sounds useless flowers

Tollygunge Tue 14-Mar-17 23:15:22

literally every single teacher I know is looking for a way out at the moment

FedUpTeacher2 Tue 14-Mar-17 23:48:05

I'm a primary teacher.

What saddens me most is that 5 years ago, I would have been shot down in flames at posting such a thing. Tonight, I knew that I could vent and there would be people who understood. sad flowers

Graceflorrick Tue 14-Mar-17 23:54:42

I left teaching more than ten years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Life is too short to be unhappy and you'll find another job. Don't tolerate unhappiness flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now