Talk

Advanced search

Marking help and advice please

(3 Posts)
Ilovepsychology Sun 12-Mar-17 06:47:05

I'm looking for some help please, I teach full time but only AS and A level psychology (well EPQ too but that isn't a concern at the moment). I am well organised in the rest of my job and my home life, however I really struggle to organise myself with the amount of marking.

I often get the students to self-assess before I collect work in, I think this gives them valuable feedback that they have to engage with and makes my job easier.

But I hate the tedium of marking, I put it off, procrastinate and then consistently end up with loads to do. Usually on a Sunday, hence this post!

Please could you share your positive approaches to getting on with marking and getting it over and done with?

noblegiraffe Sun 12-Mar-17 13:26:04

Have you looked at comparative judgement as a way of marking essays?

thewingtoheaven.wordpress.com/2015/11/15/comparative-judgment-21st-century-assessment/

Ilovepsychology Sun 12-Mar-17 14:08:42

This looks interesting and potentially useful. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll see if I can develop a way of working it into the assessment process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now