Talk

Advanced search

Flexible Working Request

(6 Posts)
WafflingVersatile Sat 11-Mar-17 18:10:44

I've received a letter from the Head saying that they won't be able to answer my request for flexible working until he has "the staffing requirements or curriculum for September." Can anyone tell me when secondary schools get this information or does it vary? Thanks

highinthesky Sat 11-Mar-17 18:15:33

I'm a little surprised by this. Certainly the academic year and holidays for 2017/18 have been released.

I'm wondering if your head is holding out for resignations by the end of term (which probably won't make your life any easier!). I would expect to see something just after Easter at the very latest.

When do your yr 9s (or 8s?) make their gcse options? That would impact on timetabling. The rest shouldn't impact you because surely if someone resigns they would be replaced regardless of your application?

WafflingVersatile Sat 11-Mar-17 18:19:27

Hmmm. No one in my department is leaving. Is it to do with if someone else leaves maybe there will be more money freed up to give people like me an extra day?

WafflingVersatile Sat 11-Mar-17 18:22:02

But they might be replaced by a "cheaoer" person thus freeing money up. Yes, that's a good point about options. I'll have to find out. I think however that on the whole a few students are forced to do options they don't want because the most popular options fill up. A few of my students have said they were forced to do my subject!!

70ontheinside Sat 11-Mar-17 19:35:53

I had my letter granting me PT from September this week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now