Talk

Advanced search

Anyone out there on school board of management?

(5 Posts)
mummyhappiness Thu 09-Mar-17 23:05:51

Today, I received a phone call from my DC's school (primary). To say that I have been elected by the other parents to be on the board of management.
This is has come as a bit of a surprise to me. I knew the election was taking place as I was sent a ballot paper and had to nominate a parent. I never expected to win the election confused
Can anyone offer me any advice or let me know what to expect !
Forewarned is forearmed and all that!

BackforGood Fri 10-Mar-17 23:12:15

Not sure what you mean by the Board of Management?

If it is the Governing Body, then surely you would have found out about it first, and then had to write out your 'bid' before voting.

DanFmDorking Fri 10-Mar-17 23:14:29

...board of management...
UK schools have Governors and one has to be nominated and seconded to be a Parent Governor.
Are you in the UK?

BackforGood Fri 10-Mar-17 23:15:42

I mean, wherever you are in the world, surely no system would let people elect anyone who hadn't agreed to stand, before the election ? confused

mummyhappiness Sun 12-Mar-17 00:29:32

Every parent in the school was up for nomination and went into the ballot. The two parents ( one father and one mother) that received the most votes were then asked if they would like to take the seat on the board.
I am in Ireland, I think in the U.K they are called a parent governor?? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now