Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A highly important issue for teachers everywhere. Please give your input!

(21 Posts)
blueirishues Mon 20-Feb-17 10:59:03

Do you let kids shoulder the responsibility when you

a) fart in lessons
b) forget to turn your phone on silent
c) lose their work

I do all of the above. I fart near a likely looking culprit. Most of the time they agree it was them!

If my phone goes off, I look pointedly at a random kid who promptly starts fumbling in their blazer (sometimes insisting "S'not me! S'not me!") I shrug and smile and innocently say "didn't say it was!"

For c) I have mastered the wide eyed look. "Well, are you SURE you gave it to me ... ?"

Thing is with c, if they didn't fling it into my arms as I go down a flight of stairs while they are going up, it would not happen!

February01 Mon 20-Feb-17 16:14:39

hmm

tinytemper66 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:46:55

Can`t say I have ever done any of this!

CoffeeDiamonds Mon 20-Feb-17 21:05:46

No. I think they are all appalling.

Maudlinmaud Mon 20-Feb-17 21:08:27

Dick

EdithSitwell Mon 20-Feb-17 21:23:40

You sound awful. And losing a child's hard done work is not at all funny.

bloodymaria Mon 20-Feb-17 21:43:09

biscuit

Nope. Never done any of those. In fact, I've done the opposite in 1 and 2 (taken the blame) to avoid the inevitable disruption.

I have stopped accepting work except for when I am in my classroom and have the appropriate folder handy though - I have previously lost work and felt awful about it.

Rickandmorty Tue 21-Feb-17 19:45:51

Noooo

Puffinsareblackandwhite Tue 21-Feb-17 19:53:10

Lighten up folks! OP has a very funny posting history and I am sure this is just a light-hearted post. A and B don't really apply to me although the year 10 boys could clear the classroom. As for C: it would be sad if it was indeed their hard work that OP lost. In my case chance would be a fine thing!

TwoLeftSocks Tue 21-Feb-17 19:54:01

I do hope you're taking the piss, especially with c.

nobodysbabynow Tue 21-Feb-17 19:54:05

Seriously OP, losing a child's work is fucking awful. Don't accept it outside your room if you can't look after it. And I don't care if you're being 'lighthearted'.

Bitofacow Tue 21-Feb-17 19:57:36

Oh dear major sense of humour failuregrin

A) is my favourite

blueirishues Tue 21-Feb-17 20:54:56

Aye it was light hearted smile

Re losing work I have yet to lose actual work, but you know when you set a thoughtful homework like 'write about a woman you admire' and get a c & p from Wikipedia on Ariana Grande flung at you as you go upstairs and they go down and then they are out of sight before you can hurl the cursed thing back at them I'm not personally losing any sleep.

I HAVE genuinely lost work that's always somehow turned up and just been honest and apologised.

I am definitely not taking responsibility for farting in lessons mind. Much more fun to blame dozy dan from year 11 wink

whatsthepointofmorgan Tue 21-Feb-17 21:02:01

c) Losing work isn't remotely funny.

especially if it's coursework of any kind that's important to the child (counts towards an overall mark)

fruityb Tue 21-Feb-17 21:03:52

I find it hilarious with year 11 to fart near them as they blame each other - never you!

Always own up to my phone

Never with the kids work though! That would be harsh.

blueirishues Tue 21-Feb-17 21:09:35

Yes, but a c & p job on Ariande Grande clearly isn't coursework, is it? And if it IS, the kid really should thank me for losing it!

Fruity oh, me too. Me too! grin

fruityb Tue 21-Feb-17 21:15:37

I lose copy and paste rubbish. Or better yet I print out where they did it from and staple them together. Or I get two people to read it out at the same time.

blueirishues Tue 21-Feb-17 21:19:46

I hate hate HATE having work flung at me. Hate it! And I don't have a proper classroom at the moment so kids see a nomadic teacher wandering and offset their work onto me.

Might add that on the 'things that give me the rage' thread.

Lizzylou Tue 21-Feb-17 21:24:46

My DH read James Cracknell's biography, when he was a Geography teacher (who knew?) his favourite game in class was doing a silent fart and then making a swift exit and watching the blaming start.
DH was all excited and said that I could do it, but I could never trust that they'd be silent blush

FartnissEverbeans Thu 02-Mar-17 10:11:41

My DH is a teacher and would never let someone else take credit for his farts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now