Talk

Advanced search

Payment for KIT days

(15 Posts)
WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 16-Feb-17 17:17:24

Just wondering if any teachers can tell me whether they got paid for kit days as they did them or whether they were paid for them once they had returned to work properly?
I keep getting mixed messages.
Thank you

user1483387154 Thu 16-Feb-17 17:22:08

What are Kit days? Never heard of them in 12 years of teaching

Heratnumber7 Thu 16-Feb-17 17:26:18

Keeping in touch days at a guess.
Are you in maternity leave?

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 16-Feb-17 17:28:57

Sorry yes, keep in touch days.
I am on maternity but am able to take up to ten keep in touch days before it would end my mat leave.

pepecat Thu 16-Feb-17 17:31:27

Last time I was maternity leave my Head gave me time in lieu for the few hours I'd come in here and there (safeguarding training etc). I'm actually not sure whether I should've been paid! The time was helpful though as I'm head of department.

pepecat Thu 16-Feb-17 17:33:13

Interestingly, this time they need me to help before says due to staff leaving and I'm told I'll be paid BUT only once I'm back off maternity so it doesn't affect my mat pay?!

pepecat Thu 16-Feb-17 17:33:44

Before Sats that should say!

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 16-Feb-17 17:34:51

Thank you. My head is happy to pay me for them. I just can't get a straight answer about when I will get it.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 16-Feb-17 17:36:43

Pepe that's what I was told but it seems so silly for me to be working now and not paid for it for months.
Am rather skint too.

DellaPorter Thu 16-Feb-17 17:54:17

School business manager here. Usual to be paid when you do them, best to claim once you are on zero pay at the end of your leave if you can. Delay till your return if you are getting childcare vouchers funded by the school.

Even a part day worked should be paid as a full day kit

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 16-Feb-17 18:14:17

Thank you Della. I am confused as to why I have been told that I cannot be paid until I return to work. I was told that it would stop my smp.
Why is it better to wait until zero pay? I am not getting vouchers so that won't be a problem.

Iggi999 Fri 17-Feb-17 00:01:31

If you are in a period of being paid (eg in first three months or however long you get pay for) payment for the KIT day would be already covered by the actual pay, so you wouldn't get anything extra. Hence, waiting for a time when you are on no pay.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Fri 17-Feb-17 06:49:02

I am only getting smp now. In fifth month of Mat leave.

Heratnumber7 Fri 17-Feb-17 14:50:24

I'm told I'll be paid BUT only once I'm back off maternity so it doesn't affect my mat pay?!

Sounds like they're scamming the system to me.

Summerdays2014 Sun 19-Feb-17 12:18:09

I was told it was up to individual schools/heads. My line manager basically said I could come in for one day and get paid, but anymore than that she wouldn't be able to justify paying! I still haven't been paid for it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now