Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do deputy heads wear in your school?

(21 Posts)
MrsPeasbody Tue 14-Feb-17 19:08:34

I have been appointed as DH in a primary school. Current DH is male. What do your DHs wear? I feel I need to smarten up a bit. Thank you.

bottlegreen Tue 14-Feb-17 19:10:15

Pencil type skirt and top with jacket or cardi. What do you usually wear to teach OP?

bottlegreen Tue 14-Feb-17 19:10:41

And congrats!flowers

teacher54321 Tue 14-Feb-17 19:12:17

Congratulations! In our place she tends to wear trouser suits or tailored dresses with jackets over the top, compared to the rest of us in our tunic dresses and cardigans.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 14-Feb-17 19:14:32

Usually a smart dress (not too stuffy - boat neck with patterns etc) with black tights

Congrats from me too!

MrsPeasbody Tue 14-Feb-17 19:14:54

I normally wear a dress and cardi or trousers, top and cardi. Feel I need to invest in a couple of jackets. I have an intense fear of being over dressed though, and hate standing out and looking like I'm trying too hard.

TheMysteriousJackelope Tue 14-Feb-17 19:14:58

Black dresses with bright colored cardigans and her hair color changes every couple of weeks from shocking pink, to lemon yellow to bright green. It was bright blue one week.

TheMysteriousJackelope Tue 14-Feb-17 19:15:36

I do not know how that link automatically added itself to my post. How weird.

MrsPeasbody Tue 14-Feb-17 19:15:41

oh, and thank you!

bottlegreen Tue 14-Feb-17 19:17:16

I find that a jacket instantly smartens up whatever you've got on. Gives structure.

MrsPeasbody Tue 14-Feb-17 19:18:39

What kind of jacket do I go for?

MrsJoBangles Tue 14-Feb-17 19:21:06

Congratulations. I'm a primary DHT. I never wear jackets. I don't wear anything different to before I was a DHT. I wear trousers with tops and cardigans; black dresses with bright tights and cardigans; patterned wrap dresses; skirts I've made; all sorts really.

I have a couple of smarter outfits that I wear if we are having visitors or I'm visiting another school. I wear trainers if I'm on behaviour duty!

bottlegreen Tue 14-Feb-17 19:32:54

www.east.co.uk/mobile/linen-waterfall-jacket-black/

I think something like this is relaxed enough and functional smile

But just as MrsJo said - you should wear what you are comfortable in! You got the job because of your skill and experience, not your choice of skirt... wink

MrsPeasbody Tue 14-Feb-17 19:36:01

Oooh I like that, but I look terrible in grey.

Lilaclily Tue 14-Feb-17 19:38:05

At my school everyone wears stuff from per una , hobbs and wallis

teacher54321 Tue 14-Feb-17 19:50:08

I have a couple of black suit jackets from Hobbs and M and S that go with smart patterned dresses for open mornings/speech day etc and then a navy jersey blazer from joules which goes nicely over lots of things with a navy background if that makes sense!

JenniferYellowHat1980 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:11:23

The deputy head in my DCs' school usually wears skinny trousers, knee length boots and a smart top. She looks good.

BizzyFizzy Tue 14-Feb-17 21:11:52

My deputy head is male and he generally wears a tie under a v-neck jumper, or games kit.

When I was director of studies at a previous school, I generally wore suits in the winter and dresses (with a handy jacket) in the summer. Always smart but conservative.

MaisyPops Wed 15-Feb-17 13:11:20

Secondary but most of us in middle/senior leadership wear:
Skirt + top + jacket
Trouser + top + jacket
Sometimes just a cardigan instead of the jacket.

Generally the jacket isn't to make it into a suit more like a coloured jacket with black skirt/trousers.

u123 Thu 23-Feb-17 19:19:33

My primary deputy wears jeans and a top of a skirt and a top
Very relaxed dress "code" at school though.

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Thu 23-Feb-17 22:14:59

I was going to suggest clothes ... but that's the frame of mind i am in at the moment.

Half term does that to you.

Congrats though! My assistant head wears black trousers and a smart blouse type top. No suits etc. My head doesn't always either. Sometimes she comes in looking a bit 'hippy'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now