Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend some great EAL resources!

(2 Posts)
caffelatte100 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:22:50

I wonder if any other teachers could help me.

For the last 8 years I have run my own teaching business overseas where I teach English speaking children who attend the local school system to read and write in English. That part is going really well and I have expanded a lot. I have many students, classes and have invested considerably into my business. So far so good!

Next year I plan to expand my business to teach small groups of children aged between 5 and 8 years old who have English as a second language for 60 - 90 minutes each week. The parents are looking for general English as well as the literacy skills. For the planning of these classes, I don't want to reinvent the wheel each time and would like to purchase some great resources that would give structure and consistency to the lessons.

I have bought into the Oxford International English Early Years Glitterlings range with all their books and CDs. These are really nice, but I am looking to supplement this further for slightly older children. The fees I get for the lessons are such that I can purchase almost whatever I need to.

Can anyone recommend something good?

oneandthree Tue 14-Feb-17 17:50:50

Some good software at
www.discoveryeducationalsoftware.co.uk/efl_e.htm (might interest the parents). They do a resellers scheme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now