Talk

Advanced search

Scottish teachers: McCrone/NCCT time

(7 Posts)
Euphemia Fri 10-Feb-17 15:07:52

Are "they" trying to phase it out?

I've heard this from a couple of colleagues recently: any truth in it?

Is it still adhered to across Scotland? Can you choose to go home/elsewhere during yours?

I'm Primary, so I'm particularly interested in experiences in that sector.

Boiled7Up Fri 10-Feb-17 17:13:03

You what? I bloody well hope not.

Definitely adhered to here, although cover is getting really hard to arrange at times.

I don't know anyone who goes home or elsewhere, but I believe it is totally legit to do so. At Christmas there were a lot of people using their time for nativity plays.

Maybe someone can confirm- do Edinburgh primaries not finish half day on a Friday and the teachers take their time then?

Euphemia Fri 10-Feb-17 17:24:39

I thought Fri afternoon was for collegiate stuff? Not done in my region, but I remember a thread on here about that a while ago.

nothingtodotoday Sat 11-Feb-17 08:36:07

Not heard anything like that. You can go somewhere else for your CCR (NCCT) with the agreement of your HT.

People can use it do their Nativity plays if they wish.

In Edinburgh it is staff choice with the WTA re Friday afternoon I
believe.

categed Sun 12-Feb-17 06:55:36

It's still a big part of our terms and conditions. Definitely more difficult to cover and the work can be done at a time and place of your choosing.
I think they would be hard pressed to try to remove it as getting to keep it over the years was a compromise and we lost other conditions. I am sure though that COSLA would love to remove that, the 35h working week and probably having to pay us for our work 😞

Mistressiggi Sun 12-Feb-17 10:30:53

Schools who have a half day Friday have already worked the full week, they start earlier, finish later, short lunches - all official non contact time required should be available within those hours.

DanyellasDonkey Mon 13-Feb-17 14:21:48

Ours is easily covered in P1-3 as kids finish half an hour earlier. In upper stages becoming harder to cover due to shortage of supply teachers. Some staff stay on the premises, some go home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now