Talk

Advanced search

Most ridiculous parent complaints this week

(215 Posts)
BeanAnTi Thu 02-Feb-17 18:32:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LilQueenie Thu 02-Feb-17 18:38:11

Do the parents of 2 and 3 know the behaviour of the kids?

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Thu 02-Feb-17 18:38:36

I'm not a teacher but can totally understand. When I think back to my eldest starting nursery I cringe at my expectations blush
Now when I hear other parents complain about their precious snowflakes losing hair clips or coming home with pen on their shirt I find it slightly amusing.

BeanAnTi Thu 02-Feb-17 18:40:04

user1484226561 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:41:10

There's a thread in secondary education from a parent complaining that the art teacher is marking her daughters coursework down by three grades because she is jealous that this girl got a better university offer than her (the art teacher's) daughter did......

.....and asking how she can "legally" influence the teacher

confused

MsHoneyBee Thu 02-Feb-17 18:50:41

At previous school a child arrived very late. The Christmas assembly had finished. 'Why'd you start? You should have waited until he got here!'
Yes, keep all 20 other parents waiting for an hour because you had a lie in...

user1484226561 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:55:11

that doesn't count MsHoneyBee, it wasn't this week!

how about the child that refused to do her controlled assessment exam in the allocated time this week.

Parent's answer was " well, she didn't feel like it....one of you teachers needs make themselves available to invigilate her after school instead" -

like for 2 hours!

MsHoneyBee Thu 02-Feb-17 18:55:26

Oh and I love the losing things ones. 'Hes lost a toy/game! What are YOU going to do about it?'

Err, nothing. I want not aware of the thing/ never assumed any responsibly for the thing.

MsHoneyBee Thu 02-Feb-17 18:56:13

Sorry, I didn't read the success criteria blush. Although my last one was this week! smile

user1484226561 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:57:18

"his book hasn't been marked since November"..... no, he hasn't attended a lesson in three months, that's why.....

user1484226561 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:58:35

"Well it's your fault, you made him agitated, don't you realise he finds it difficult to settle in the first 10 minutes of a lesson"

( a teenager! hmm)

user1484226561 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:00:25

"well, I want the earliest parent's evening appointment, you are just going to have to move that other mother back a bit, look, there's plenty of slots later on in the evening..."

I'm winning MsHB!

BeanAnTi Thu 02-Feb-17 19:03:37

RebelRogue Thu 02-Feb-17 19:05:06

Love this thread.

TealGiraffe Thu 02-Feb-17 19:06:19

"He's scared to walk in the classroom because everyone looks at him"

Thats because you bring him 15minutes late every single day. If he lined up and walked in with the class nobody would notice him.

"I just don't feel he's being properly supported in his learning"

Because her (non sen y4) child is expected to work independently. She wants a TA to sit with him so he 'doesnt feel isolated'. Yeah ok love.....

Plus the constant

"Her cardigan has been stolen!!!" No it hasn't it's on the side in the classroom. Where its been for 2 days after i picked it up off the floor.....

GallivantingWildebeest Thu 02-Feb-17 19:07:03

A white fur coat?? Lol.

Oh God, some parents are right arses. Teachers, I salute you!

BeanAnTi Thu 02-Feb-17 19:08:20

TealGiraffe Thu 02-Feb-17 19:08:26

I think fur coats are having a moment. Lots of them in our primary at the moment! Because what you need in winter is a coat with no hood that doesn't dry....

BeanAnTi Thu 02-Feb-17 19:08:57

Euphemia Thu 02-Feb-17 19:10:07

"Dylan is unhappy in class because he's not enjoying the novel you're studying. It doesn't interest him."
"Well maybe the next novel could be linked to one of his interests. What sort of thing is he interested in?"
"Nothing, really."

hmm

DesolateWaist Thu 02-Feb-17 19:11:06

I love the 'why isn't she on a reading book? She can read the whole of the Gruffalo, listen'.

Euphemia Thu 02-Feb-17 19:13:04

"They're not getting enough homework."
"They're getting too much homework!"
"They're not getting the right kind of homework."

hmm

MsHoneyBee Thu 02-Feb-17 19:13:20

Oh oh oh! I got one.

'how is he supposed to learn his spellings when you never give them to him??'
'i do, he just never gives them to you'

'Then give them to me then!'

Thinks'I do, but you just scrumple them up in your pocket/don't read it like every other letter I give you'
Says 'Sure, we'll try that smile'

My examples are sparse as my parents don't really talk to me much...

sotiredbutworthit Thu 02-Feb-17 19:13:51

I'm not a teacher but good God, you guys need a medal!!! I'm sure some parents expect you to do their job for them! I salute you all!!

DearMrDilkington Thu 02-Feb-17 19:14:06

'Her new coat is ruined'

Wait, did the parent mistake you for a dry cleaning service?! How ridiculous, you sound like a superhero for putting up with such stupid comments!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now