Talk

Advanced search

How about we all complain to Advertising Standards about the get into teaching ads?

(8 Posts)
user1484226561 Thu 26-Jan-17 21:27:37

what about that stupid one about getting a year 11 child to apply to university by slipping a flier for the debating society into his desk???? Whats that all about? Anyway, I've never in all by career met a year 11 with a desk.

And what's all that rubbish about being the first to be told when someone gets a university place. Only if you have failed to keep up with all the UCAS offers and everything you are supposed to be on top of, and then taken a day off instead of going to results day, because the teachers would unfortunately know first. i say unfortunately, because its a huge amount of work, for nothing, just imagine the luxury of NOT HAVING TO KNOW!

And have you seen that silly science teacher wiggling his fingers, He is going to get the sack as soon as someone blames him for the girl beside him setting her hair on fire ( I bet he's told her 20 times to tie her hair back and been ignored)

The portrayal of all this is such rubbish and so far from reality, I'm sure its breaking laws on true and legal adverts.

monkeysox Fri 27-Jan-17 17:30:46

I agree.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 27-Jan-17 18:04:24

100% yes

cricketballs Sat 28-Jan-17 08:19:17

I think one of them was (when they were pushing that stupid amount that top teachers earn) if I remember correctly they were ordered to change the wording from "top teachers earn" to "can eran" or something similar

Very similar to this grin

echt Sat 28-Jan-17 14:42:50

I think I've got the right ad (in Au), and the voiceover is scarily like Philomena Cunk.

She'd do such good piss take of it.

rollonthesummer Tue 31-Jan-17 22:28:48

That you tube clip about Mrs May is superb!! I presume he is a teacher?!

seven201 Wed 01-Feb-17 20:52:42

Great idea!

BlackeyedSusan Thu 02-Feb-17 22:20:13

the add is so short as this is the actual length of time you get the good bits in your career, rather than all the shit paperwork at silly o'clock in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now