Talk

Advanced search

Kit days when on maternity leave

(4 Posts)
Heirhelp Fri 20-Jan-17 13:09:11

Did anybody do any kit days? How many? What did you do on them?

I want to do some but my head teacher wants me to put a proposal together with a rationale.

InTheDessert Fri 20-Jan-17 13:20:38

What do you teach?
I'd think the teacher training days may be worth while?? Rational being to keep abreast of changes happening in school. I'd have thought going in a teaching a class before you come back would be disrupting for the kids, but everything I know about teaching is from having kids at school, and not from the actual side of hard work!

Heirhelp Fri 20-Jan-17 14:09:14

I am a secondary teacher RE and PSCHE. We don't have anymore training days as most we have twilight sessions instead. I wanted to go to a department meeting, find out about policy changes in school(lots), observe a couple of lessons and meet either the person who has covered my form class or head of year to get an update on any issues with particular students.

Foxsox Wed 01-Feb-17 22:33:32

I think that's a good rationale.

I went in for 4 KIT days.

I went through the changes in the curriculum, went through policies that had been updated (DULL) and had meeting time with my HoD before planning my first couple of weeks back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now