Talk

Advanced search

Planning in primary

(10 Posts)
Pud2 Tue 17-Jan-17 19:49:12

What planning are you required to do and do you have to submit it?

Rainbowcolours1 Tue 17-Jan-17 20:24:57

I'm a head. I expect my staff to plan, what it looks like is up to them, they get half a day every two weeks with the other teachers in their team to do planning etc. I never ask for it to be handed in.

rollonthesummer Tue 17-Jan-17 20:26:43

Is that their PPA entitlement or do you give them half a day on the alternative weeks as well, Rainbowcolours?

Euphemia Tue 17-Jan-17 22:33:34

We have to submit medium term plans but that's all. Weekly planning is for us only, in whichever format we like.

Rainbowcolours1 Wed 18-Jan-17 18:27:35

That's in addition to their PPA.

BeanAnTi Wed 18-Jan-17 18:49:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SawdustInMyHair Wed 18-Jan-17 22:16:00

We submit our MTPs, and out the flipcharts for lessons/topics in shared folders which can in theory be checked, but there's no set format for those. No one comes knocking if they're a bit ropey! It's really just checking all the NC is being covered.

I couldn't bear one of those schools where you have to submit weekly plans. Worse than dialogical marking.

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 20-Jan-17 19:04:47

Half termly plans with brief info (learning outcomes, suggested differentiated tasks) for all subjects submitted at the beginning of half term. Weekly detailed maths and English plans which have to be annotated and "monitored"once every 3 weeks 😔

Msdinosaur Sun 22-Jan-17 08:53:27

Weekly maths and English (detailed!) planning has to be uploaded. Other subjects are more relaxed and a medium term plan will do.

ellesbellesxxx Sun 22-Jan-17 09:01:31

Rainbow colours
In addition to ppa? You sound like an awesome head!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now