Advanced search

How to get school placement

(2 Posts)
Cheerybigbottom Tue 17-Jan-17 14:23:48


I'm a support worker for learning disabled adults, and adults needing mental health support. I work for a local council's education department assisting tutors in adult education environments. I have social care qualifications and experience but I would like to do a lvl 2 teaching assistant course. Ideally I'd like work with older teens or adults with SEN in college etc.

To be on the TA course I need a school placement but I've no idea how to go about this. Can anyone share their experience with me please?

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Tue 17-Jan-17 23:48:04

Is there a reason you can't approach your local school (either special or mainstream, depending on which you think would teach you more) ? Most schools would welcome someone with your experience I'd have thought unless they've had previous bad experiences with students.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in