Talk

Advanced search

How does this letter sound... Asking for work experience

(8 Posts)
Carneddai Sun 15-Jan-17 21:13:29

Dear....

I am currently in the planning stages of applying for a PGCE in Primary Education (KS2) with the view to start in September 2018. In order to progress with my future career I wish to gain experience in a classroom environment to further my knowledge of working with young children. I would be grateful if you could consider me for a week's work placement within your school.

I have extensive teaching experience in outdoor education, working mainly with KS2 and 3 students, and my degree subject is in Geography. I also hold a current DBS Certificate.

My availability is flexible throughout the school year.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nameforsaken Sun 15-Jan-17 21:15:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carneddai Sun 15-Jan-17 21:19:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seven201 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:28:41

I think you're overthinking it. Just send it! Actually, maybe try and give a smaller time frame so you just get it done. How many schools are you sending it to?

Carneddai Sun 15-Jan-17 21:31:44

Thank you. Yes I did wonder whether the timeframe was long, but I know I've missed the deadline for applying this year with relevant experience.

Carneddai Sun 15-Jan-17 21:32:13

Sorry, approximately 20 schools

seven201 Sun 15-Jan-17 22:48:39

You might not be too late. I got my place by being on a waiting list. Also, after your shadowing you may decide it's not for you and it's better to know sooner!

Nameforsaken Sun 15-Jan-17 22:55:12

Thanks seven I'll try and get it sooner rather than later, which I would prefer too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now