Talk

Advanced search

Dreading going back :(

(15 Posts)
rollonthesummer Tue 03-Jan-17 22:15:51

Is anyone else feeling utterly miserable about starting the Spring term- Ofsted is looming and pointless paperwork never ending.

Have spent the evening looking at alternative jobs!!

headinhands Tue 03-Jan-17 22:17:14

Same and I'm just a TA.

talulahbelle Tue 03-Jan-17 22:18:54

Yep. Thank fuck I'm off on mat leave soon. I just pray it's before Ofsted turn up.

CannotEvenDeal Tue 03-Jan-17 22:20:35

Had Inset today... it was painful sad

Pinkgeek Tue 03-Jan-17 22:20:55

I left teaching 2 years ago after 5years of that awful feeling!
I am now private tutoring and have never been happier! I also know lots of people who supply teach and who are so happy. Depends where you live to how much work is out there but definitely worth exploring.
In Cambridgeshire you can work full time at supply teaching without the endless crap that is paperwork and don't get me started on bloody ofsted!! wink

cardboardPeony Tue 03-Jan-17 22:21:20

I was just about to post the same thread.
I just have to get to the end of year. I just have to get to the end of year. I just have to get to the end of year.
Is the only way I get through.

rollonthesummer Tue 03-Jan-17 22:25:17

If you do supply, does that screw your pension?

CannotEvenDeal Tue 03-Jan-17 22:27:07

Good question OP... sometimes the death in service benefit that comes with the pension is the only thing that keeps me going light-hearted

Foxsox Tue 03-Jan-17 22:28:26

This is the first time in a long time I've had this feeling.
I just don't want to be back there.
I love my job
Love my school
But I'm brginning to hate it because of all the other shit we have to contend with and its only getting worse.

I feel like I'm on a treadmill in term time and that im missing so much of my own kids

I have this overwhelming feeling of 'there's got to be more to life than this shit'

rollonthesummer Tue 03-Jan-17 22:33:41

That's how I feel. I'd much rather have a job like DHs where you get less holiday but there's not a rollercoaster of emotions and being constantly watched and criticised. I just want to go to work, do a good job and come home without feeling so stressed that I feel physically ill.

Pinkgeek Tue 03-Jan-17 22:56:55

I'm not sure about pensions with supply teaching I'm ashamed to say blush

For me though, my health was suffering so bad I didn't think I would make pension age anyway! (Drama queen emoticon)

There are many companies that you can pay into in order to secure a decent pension - according to my husband who is a life insurance actuary so hoping he's got a clue!!

Sleeperandthespindle Wed 04-Jan-17 06:52:16

I've known that feeling many times, even the awful feeling everyday of the holiday that you're going to have to go back soon.

But I'm lucky in my current job and don't feel like that. Dreading the early mornings (don't know how I've found time to type this today - no ice to scrape from the car) and the organisation of my own children, but school itself is good.

My stresses at school are reduced by not having much in the way of management responsibilities, having a few projects on the go that I'm leading and feel in control of, and refusing (politely) to jump through unnecessary hoops where I can avoid them.

Sometimes a change is good. New job to look forward to?

Redlocks28 Wed 04-Jan-17 15:14:39

The only way I'm surviving is by being part time but that won't support my children through university confused.

I just wish I'd gone into something else.

theluckiest Wed 04-Jan-17 21:49:09

I love my school. Love my colleagues. Still enjoy the actual teaching. But after yesterday's INSET where we were given guidance about our children's targets I'm not so sure anymore.

The targets are utter, utter bollocks. Totally unobtainable. And I hate being the one who has to try to get the children through these ridiculous hoops without a hole in hell of doing so. It's the first year I've thought that this is not even remotely achievable. However hard I try. However hard the children try.

Utterly soul destroying. The saddest thing is that I only started teaching 6 years ago after a career change. The job has become utterly ludicrous.

EddieVeddersfoxymop Wed 04-Jan-17 21:59:01

Yes, but I'm another one who's "just" a TA!!! Dreading the constant-ness (is that even a word?! grin) of it all......the feeling of hanging on by a thread by the end of term.
I'm being encouraged by my head to do my PGDE (as I have a degree and our LA will fund it) but I honestly don't know. I love my job most of the time, love the school and love the kids (mostly), but when I see what the teachers are going through, how much of their own time they give up etc, I just don't know if it's for me. I confess that I do quite like going home at the end of the day and not having to work on top of that, and whilst I do go home and prep some things and think about the kids, it's because I want to rather than I have to. I'm not sure about feeling obligated rather than willing.
Should add I'm in Scotland btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now